Updated: June 23,2023
OUR APPROACH TO PRIVACY
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Your contact information, e.g., name, postal and email address, phone number
- Information you provide when communicating with us via email, mail, call, chat or text
- Information about your vehicle - such as sales and service history, vehicle payments, VIN, and mileage
- Information required to process vehicle finance/loan applications and purchases, such as driver’s license, insurance policy numbers, social security numbers and other financial and credit-related information
- Payment information, to process sales and service transactions
- Details about your online activity and other personal preferences when using our Sites and Services
- Social media details and other information you choose to share on those platforms
- Information about how you access and use our Sites and Services, e.g., computer IP address, browser, type of device used, Site pages visited, geolocation, time and date of visit
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- Information you choose to provide through our Sites or Services
- From our affiliates
- From automotive manufacturers
- From our subcontractors, vendors and other third party providers (our Suppliers), including marketing agencies, advertising networks, credit reporting agencies, social media networks, data brokers, online lead providers and the like
- Automatically, from devices you use to connect to or interact with our Sites and Services
- Through communications with you via email, mail, phone, chat or text, copies or recordings of which we may retain
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Provide our Services to you
- Communicate with you and respond to your inquiries
- Customize information we provide you, including contextual customization of ads based on your interactions with our Sites
- Promote and market our Services to you
- Advertise to you on third party websites (e.g., Google, Bing, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram)
- Process transactions and payments, verify customer information and confirm eligibility for manufacturer rebates
- Provide or facilitate financing in connection with a vehicle purchase or lease
- Operate our business and analyze our Sites and Services
- By combining your PI with non-personal information and aggregating it with information collected from others; we may use this aggregated data in a number of ways, such as to improve the quality and value of our Sites and Services
- To defend against or respond to actual or potential claims and litigation
We do not engage in profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
- Our affiliates
- Automotive manufacturers, who may use that information to contact you
- Our Suppliers, that provide certain services or functions on our behalf
- In connection with an acquisition of our company or sale of our assets
- As otherwise required by applicable law
We do not sell your data.
We have implemented procedures to help ensure that that our Suppliers who may have access to Personal Information operate in accordance with both industry standards and applicable law. While we conduct vendor assessments of our Suppliers, we cannot control, and are not responsible for, the manner in which third parties use that information. Accordingly, you should review their privacy policies, as well as ours.
EXTERNAL LINKS: DATA USE BY THIRD PARTIES
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites or Services. Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. However, as there is yet no accepted standard for how to respond to DNT signals, we do not currently support DNT signals, other than cookies.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We employ data safeguards that comply with applicable federal and state law, including the updated FTC Safeguards, and in accordance with industry standards, to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information you provide us with certainty or warrant it will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by unauthorized persons. We will make all legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your PI, in the manner and within the time periods required by applicable law.
OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Our Sites and Services are not targeted to nor intended for use by children. We are concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the internet. Accordingly, we will not knowingly request Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior, verifiable parental consent. Unfortunately, we cannot always determine the age of a visitor to our Sites or user of our Services.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials, as well as private parties, to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties that we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process, including subpoenas, to protect our rights or that of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be, or may pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or subject to legal action.
In connection with a corporate merger, acquisition, divestiture, asset sale, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or any other similar transaction or proceeding, we may sell, divest, transfer, assign, share or otherwise engage in a transaction that involves some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information.
STATE PRIVACY LAWS
- The right to know how and for what purpose we collect it
- The right to access your information and request corrections to inaccurate information
- The right to opt-out of it being sold to third parties
- The right to opt-out of targeted advertising
- Subject to certain exclusions for legitimate business purposes, the right to have it deleted
In addition, Nevada privacy laws requires website operators to provide a way for Nevada residents to opt-out of the sale of certain information that website operators collect about them.
Other states are in the process of enacting their own privacy laws. As they do, residents of those states may have rights similar to those above with respect to their information. We will continue to monitor federal and state privacy law developments and update our policies and procedures as needed to comply with any additional State-Specific Privacy Laws.
If you have further inquiries about your information under a State-Specific Privacy Law, or are a resident of one of those states and wish to access, correct, opt-out or have your information deleted, please contact us as specified below under “How to Contact Us”. We will need to verify your identify before taking any action, in order to protect against the unauthorized disclosure or deletion of PI.
If you wish to stop receiving email communications from us, you may “unsubscribe” using the link at the bottom of the email you receive. If you wish to be placed on our postal mailing “Do Not Contact” list, see the “How to Contact Us” section below and provide the name and address as listed on the mailing. To stop text communications, respond to the text with the words “STOP”. You may also control ads appearing on your browser or mobile device by adjusting your settings or using third party ad blocking tools.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy when using our Sites or Services, or are a resident of one of the states listed above and wish to exercise your rights under an applicable State-Specific Privacy Law, please click here to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. California residents may also call us tollfree at 1-888-565-6043. We will make every effort to promptly respond and address your concerns.