Named a Kelley Blue Book Best Family Car 2021 and a Top Safety Pick+ by the IIHS, the new 2021 Toyota Highlander is a stylish, safe and capable option for those needing extra space. The three-row SUV gets a new XSE trim and more driver assistance safety features for the 2021 model year. Available in 10 trim levels, including four hybrid models, the new Toyota Highlander has something for every driver and their entire crew.
If you need extra space but aren’t willing to drive a minivan, the new 2021 Toyota Highlander offers a stylish alternative. Decidedly SUV in design, the new Highlander features more cargo space than your standard SUV, with room for up to eight passengers with a 2nd-row bench. LED headlight and taillights come standard.
In the 2021 Toyota Highlander’s roomy cabin, you will find:
- Three-zone climate control
- Five USB ports
- Two 12V outlets
- Eight cupholders
- Four bottle holders
Enjoy Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration on an 8-inch color touchscreen. Every 2021 Highlander features four drive modes – Normal, ECO, Sport and Snow and Hill Start Assist. FWD is standard but, AWD is available on all trims. Tow up to 5,000 lbs in the gas-powered Highlander or up to 3,500 lbs with the Highlander Hybrid.
Every new 2021 Highlander is equipped with Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.5+ that features:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Alert
- Automatic High Beams
- Lane Tracing Assist
- Road Sign Assist
Those are just the standard features! Upgrade to a Toyota Highlander LE to add:
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
- Downhill Assist Control
- Multi-Terrain Select: Mud/Sand, Rock/Dirt Drive Modes
- -LED fog lights
The feature-packed 2021 Highlander XLE comes with:
- Power moonroof
- Roof rails
- Qi-compatible wireless charger
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink®
- SofTex-trimmed first- and second-row seats
- 2nd-row captain’s chairs
- 7” color LCD Multi-Information Display
The new-for-2021 Highlander XSE is the most sporty option and builds on the LE, featuring:
- 20” machined-face alloy wheels
- Mesh front grille
- Black roof rails
- Power liftgate
- Ambient interior lighting
- Twin tip exhaust
- XSE exclusive colors and accents
- Available leather-trimmed seats
The luxurious Highlander Limited and Platinum offer premium features, including:
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- 20” chrome (Limited) or alloy wheels (Platinum)
- Leather-trimmed first- and second-row seats
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Hands-free power liftgate
- Ornamental dash trim and faux wood door trim
- 11-speaker JBL® audio system
- 120V power outlet
- Birds Eye View camera (option on Limited, standard on Platinum)
- Heated second-row (Platinum)
- Power panoramic moonroof (Platinum)
- 10” color Head-Up display (Platinum)
- 12.3” touchscreen (Platinum)
The 2021 Highlander Hybrid offers four trims – LE, XLE, Limited and Platinum, with much of the same features as above. But, in the Highlander Hybrid, you jump from 24 combined mpg to 36 mpg*! In addition, the 2021 Highlander Hybrid can go for short distances in EV Mode, great for parking lots or pulling into the driveway quietly. AWD Highlander Hybrids also have Trail Mode for added traction.
Whether you want the most affordable option, the most luxurious or want to save on gas with Toyota hybrid technology, the new 2021 Toyota Highlander is a bold choice for those who want to do more with their vehicle. With so many options, FWD or AWD, Hybrid or gas-only, seven seats or eight, you can customize your new Highlander SUV to suit your exact needs.
And the Toyota experts at Freeman Toyota are here to help you understand each feature and option so that you can feel confident in your purchase. Explore all the new 2021 Toyota Highlanders at Freeman Toyota in Santa Rosa, California. Take one for a test drive at our family-owned dealership; it’s the best way to decide what is right for you. Freeman Toyota has a great selection of new 2021 Toyota Highlanders to choose from. Shop online or visit Freeman Toyota in Santa Rosa, CA.
*EPA-estimated 21 city/29 hwy/24 combined mpg for 2021 Highlander; 20 city/27 hwy/23 combined for 2021 Highlander AWD; 36 city/35 hwy/36 combined for 2021 Highlander Hybrid. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary for many reasons, including your vehicle’s condition and how/where you drive. See www.fueleconomy.gov.